[LEDE-DEV] procd init script questions ...

Dirk dibdot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:14:38 PST 2016

Am Mittwoch, den 30.11.2016, 07:25 +0100 schrieb John Crispin:

> On 30/11/2016 06:11, Dirk Brenken wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > after studying a few mostly incomplete/outdated online docs and
> > examples on github (lede main source & package repo) procd is still
> > kind of "terra incognita" ... at least for me. I don't like to copy
> > &
> > paste things that I do not understand therefore a few
> > (dump/initial)
> > procd questions:
> >
> > 1. If I have a script that doesn't daemonize (does not run as a
> > 'service'), do I still need the whole 'procd_open_instance' stuff
> > or is
> > a simple script start sufficient?
>
> as you prefer
>

> > 2. What's the expected behavior of 'service_triggers' in this case?
> > I.e. the firewall init script (fw3 does not run as a daemon)
> > defines
> > things like that:
> >
> > service_triggers() {
> > 	procd_add_reload_trigger firewall
> >   	[...]
> > }
> >

> reload service when firewall config changes

That does not work for me.

root at adb2go:/etc/config$ uci set firewall. at zone[1].mtu_fix='0'
root at adb2
go:/etc/config$ uci changes firewall
firewall.cfg06dc81.mtu_fix='0'
root@
adb2go:/etc/config$ uci commit firewall

I've changed the firewall config but no firewall reload afterwards,
/var/run/fw3.state stays the same (LEDE r2299).

> > 3. Is it possible to replace normal hotplug-script functionality
> > with
> > 'service_triggers', i.e for iface/ifup events?
>
> yes

a working example would help a lot.

Thanks!
Dirk