[LEDE-DEV] Model name naming convention

perillamint perillamint at gentoo.moe
Tue Nov 15 18:53:38 PST 2016

Hello, I'm currently porting LEDE on Digitalzone(Korean company) WeVO
W2914NS v2 and its variants.

However, their variant naming scheme is just "insane". Their variant has
different model name with same spec (HI1200AC, It seems they just used
different color housing. Also, comment from their CS indicates it has
same spec with W2914NS v2. I guess its hardware is identical with
W2914NS v2) or have ridiculous name like "11AC NAS ROUTER"(256MB RAM
variant of W2914NS v2).

I have no idea how to extract identifiers (model name, dts file name,
etc) from this ridiculous names.

Any idea?