[LEDE-DEV] Documentation for router support means the famous Table of Hardware

Paul Oranje p.oranje at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 12 05:18:34 PST 2016

l.s.

For a heritage wiki that I helped set-up a few years ago (www.culturalheritageconnections.org) a combination of structured data and “normal” unstructured information was used.

This set-up deploys semantic extensions to mediawiki where the structured data is captured in semantic properties and edited by means of semantic forms that ensure that certain information is automatically assigned to the semantic properties. Most if not all structured data is shown on the pages in so-called info boxes (like in wilipedia), and the information can be searched by properties, by category (really also a property) and also semantic query forms. An initial set of such pages can be generated from data contained in an SQL database.

In short: a wiki that combines structured data with more or less unstructured information is very well possible and the existing dataset can be used as a start where all structured data is converted into semantic properties.

Paul Oranje