[LEDE-DEV] [RFC] ADSL Modem Allnet All0333CJ Rev.C / Amazon-SE SoC

Tino Reichardt list-lede at mcmilk.de
Sat Nov 12 03:46:18 PST 2016

* Mathias Kresin <dev at kresin.me> wrote:
> 07.11.2016 19:02, Tino Reichardt:
> > Now I have to check, how to start the init...
> >
> > Is there currently any golden way, how the init should be done on these
> > devices, with very small flash memory?
> >
> > I also modify the .config, to fit the drivers of the allnet ;)
>
> In menuconfig => "Target Images" you can select the ramdisk option.
>
> This will create kernel + initramfs. The resulting binary can be loaded
> with tftpboot and should boot to a prompt without relying on
> flash/filesystem support.

Hm... hello Mathias, thanks for your reply, I have tried this and it
seems not to work currently. I have no idea why.

But I have prepared a small temporary site, which I will use for this
stuff ...

It contains the current patch against lede-project.git and some
logfiles with .config's of lede + linux kernel:

http://internethauptknotenpunkt.de/all0333/

The Amazon-SE code from kernel seems to work, I think it's my false
currently...

PS: And I found the reason, why I had to give mem=16M to the kernel
commandline, the amazonse.dtsi missed these definition:

+	memory at 0 {
+		device_type = "memory";
+	};
+