[LEDE-DEV] TDW8970 Slow Wireless Performance when using VDSL2

Xander Shelley conoral11 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 6 02:12:43 PST 2016

Hi there,

I've installed LEDE Nov5 snapshot onto my TP-Link TD-W8970 router to use
with a UK fibre ISP (Plus.net)

Out of the box most things work great.

If I connect via Ethernet to the router from my xubuntu T410 laptop, and
run a speed test using (speedtest.net) I get close to line speed (31Mb/s
Line Speed, measured speed 29MB/s) which is great.

However, when I switch over to using wifi, this measured speed drops to
12-16MB/s....

Looking at the LuCI interface it shows that my laptop is connected
around 113MB/s which  is as expected.

Am I doing anything incorrectly/missed a step in my setup?

Best Wishes

Xander