[LEDE-DEV] Netgear WNAP210 support

Miha Verlič ml at krneki.org
Tue Jul 19 13:45:03 PDT 2016

Hello,

a few monts ago I've sent similar mail to OpenWrt hackers mailing list,
but got no reply. Not sure whether the cause is no interest in porting
or OpenWrt/LEDE split I'm resending it here.

I've come accross few Netgear WNAP210 access points, which is listed on
OpenWrt Wanted Hardware page. According to wiki page, hardware is fully
capable of running OpenWrt/LEDE
(https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/wnap210) and since official
firmware contains obscurely old and buggy Atheros drivers I'd rather
flash them with something more recent and stable (and opensource).

I can donate & ship the device if someone is willing to take a look and
add support (I'm in EU). Or I can set it up to be accessible via
console over ssh if someone prefers that. If nobody is interested, I'll
try to port it myself however considering I'm not a developer this might
be a bit lengthy task.

Cheers
--
Miha