[LEDE-DEV] Getting started with LEDE?

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:39:13 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

[This is a followup to my Getting Started issue on github (https://github.com/lede-project/web/issues/18) I suspect this is a better place to ask questions than on github...]

I'm screwing up my courage to install LEDE on a router at home. As I promised in the github issue, once I get answers to these questions, I'll write up a "Getting Started" document aimed at OpenWrt people who are coming to LEDE and issue a PR. Some questions:

- I see that most of the packages on downloads.lede-project.org are kmod-xxx. How do I install other packages, presumably from downloads.openwrt.org?

- Specifically, I would want homenet/hnetd, 6in4, and snmpd. How would I get them?

Thanks!

Rich