[LEDE-DEV] Target Profile removed from image name?

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sat Jul 9 03:12:52 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 11:11:25AM -0600, Donald Chisholm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have several hundred nodes running Openwrt CC with batman-adv and
> thought I would start testing LEDE.  However, after the build I
> noticed you have removed the target profile (i.e. tl-841v11) from the
> image file name.  For me this is a huge headache.  I also noticed you
> have uncoupled the build option for different hardware versions of
> device models.  This is an inconvenience but not a huge problem.

I'm not sure what you mean?  The images still have the profile name in
them, for instance look at the images for tl-841v11 here:

  https://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ar71xx/generic/

> I build and distribute firmware updates for multiple device models.
> With Openwrt I build for several different models (and versions) and
> use a script that distributes the new firmware based on the firmware
> file name matches against a table of appropriate nodes.   Of course
> this is not possible if the firmware file names are all the same.  As
> it is now, I need to build and rename for each device model and
> version.

Note that it you want to build multiple profiles at the same time, you can
now do that directly in menuconfig.