[LEDE-DEV] [OpenWrt-Devel] Any interest in adding runit to OpenWRT?

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Sun Dec 25 14:30:54 PST 2016

On 12/25/2016 09:52 PM, Philip Prindeville wrote:

>> On Dec 25, 2016, at 1:01 PM, Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> In my humble opinion, for distros which can't use systemd because
>> of the size, or won't use systemd because they don't like it,
>> a good contender is daemontools or one of its clones.
>> It is especially suited for a distros which target smaller systems,
>> because of its minimalistic and "Unix-like" design.
>
> What about a skinnied-down systemd?
>
> -Philip

While I'd love that to happen, even if you cut it down it is still kinda
large for devices supported by LEDE now.
I think I posted a video about using systemd in embedded...

here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDC9mHfsC-I&feature=youtu.be

For LEDE/OpenWRT is probably better to evolve procd, netifid and friends.

-Alberto