[LEDE-DEV] Help needed: IP175D + RT3662 issues on a "new" device

antonio rossi braccoz at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 24 09:39:38 PST 2016

On 24/12/2016 09:22, John Crispin wrote:

>>this sound like either
>>
>>1) the cpu port is not configrued properly,
>>2) the switch is not configured properly
>>3) pinmux is failing

>>the odd thing is that wifi fails without bootloader init. how does wifi
>>fail exactly ?

>>	John

Sorry i have to make a correction here: wifi works. It didn't just
because this board has hardware design issues even reported in the d-link
sources regarding wifi... basically, to make it work i have to
enable wifi 5Ghz, enable wifi 2Ghz, then if i want 5Ghz i have to
disable wifi 2Ghz, disable 5Ghz and re-enable 5Ghz. yes it's a mess.

Anyway, wifi works. It just probably happened i accidentally got
the right sequence when doing my tests when ethernet was also
working.

so back to the pinctrl/pinmux theory i guess.
The cpu and switch ports are set to mii. i tried to set
the cpu port to a fixed-link 100Mbps but it doesn't make a difference
tried also most other mii variants to no avail.

Bracco