[LEDE-DEV] subversive idea for cert alerts

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Fri Dec 23 15:59:53 PST 2016

On 12/24/2016 12:21 AM, Dave Taht wrote:
> I think a cool subversive thing people could do would be to have a set
> of stickers we could apply to routers in a retailer that had a LARGE
> WARNING label pointing to the relevant cert alert - and including
> steerage to a public firmware like lede that fixed the problem for
> that model.
>
> http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2016/12/23/netgear_router_vuln/

Do you really want to link open source firmwares (LEDE or whatever) with
these kinds of lame teenage vandalism?
(because attacking stickers to stuff on sale is vandalism, in case you
don't know)

The things that people do in the name of "activism" these days...
Imho that's a plain bad idea, not "cool" nor "subversive" in any way.

-Alberto