[LEDE-DEV] [OpenWrt-Devel] Talks between OpenWrt and LEDE

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Wed Dec 21 23:27:00 PST 2016

On 22/12/2016 08:06, Russell Senior wrote:

>>> Not that a choice on a name, with taste and discretion, isn't going
>>> to be needed, but I can't help but think of this:
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_triviality
>>>

>>> PS: OpenLEDE. ;-)
>
> Val> Now, please try to explain how to pronounce OpenLEDE and make sure
> Val> the correct pronunciation sticks :-)
>
> It doesn't matter how they pronounce it, as long as they can find the
> IRC channel ;-)

i like OpenLEDE, sounds catchy. however it is to be expected that
although the name probably is only 10% of the real problem, 90% of
discussion will circulate around it. i would like to remind people of
the backfire/afterburner/... release which was stalled for almost a year
because of the name discussion.

the name is only really important to marketing droid wanting to generate
a cash flow. the question is, do we do the work so that companies can
reduce time to market/expenses and increase quality or do we want to
build a "one stop shop" for embedded linux