Hardware state when jumping

Bogdan bogdan.oprea at hp.com
Fri Sep 13 05:19:40 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am provisioning servers with linux using kexec on Proliant servers
usualy gen 8). The basic steps are as folow:
     1. Boot in a Service OS (Rhel or Sles)
     2. Make some configurations
     3. Jump to OS Installer kernel and install specific OS
     4. Reboot (after reboot the server is ready for production)

My question is regarding hardware state of the server when jumping.

     - Is there any version of kexec that handles hardware state
especialy for Proliant hardware, and if not, are there any alternatives?

Thank you for you time,
Bogdan