[patch 0/4 v3] kexec-tools: efi runtime support

Toshi Kani toshi.kani at hp.com
Tue Nov 26 10:59:13 EST 2013

On Tue, 2013-11-26 at 14:11 +0800, Dave Young wrote:
> On 11/25/13 at 08:30am, Toshi Kani wrote:
> > HI Dave,
> >
> > I will test v4 again.  This time, I will test "memmap=exactmap" option
> > as well.  I have tested the following cases before.  Are there any other
> > cases you'd like me to test?
> >
> >  - kdump
> >  - multiple fast reboots and then kdump
> >  - old kexec and new kernel w/ noefi & acpi_rsdp option
> >  - new kexec and old kernel w/ noefi & acpi_rsdp option

Retested the above cases with v4 patchset.

> There's one more test case is w/ debugfs mounted in 1st kernel due to the
> new version exports setup_data to sysfs.

Tested w/ debugfs mounted.

> For the exactmap I think it's a corner case, I just tested it in virtual
> machine I think setup a right cmdline is hard. But feel free to test it if
> you can.

Tested with exactmap for multiple fast reboots.  I was not able to setup
kdump properly with this case, but it's not related with your changes
since I was not able to do it without your changes, either.

Feel free to add my tested-by.

Thanks,
-Toshi