kexec-tools

Satish Kagathara satishkagathara at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:35:51 EST 2010

Hello,
Can you provide any help on this issue?

Thanks,
Satish.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Satish Kagathara <satishkagathara at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 5:55 PM
Subject: kexec-tools
To: horms at verge.net.au

Hello,

I am using kexec-tools to launch Windows XP from linux using grub4dos.
I have two different platforms. It works fine on Intel Core 2 Duo
3GHz. It does not fully work on Intel P4 3 GHz. It seems that grub4dos
is not able to find any drive. If you run geometry or chainloader +1
from grub4dos, it says Disk Read Error or Specified Disk does not
exist.

Can you shed any light on why kexec does not work on 2nd platform?
Does it require some specific CPU or BIOS? Any help/suggestions would
be very useful for me.

Thank you,
Satish.