mip64: kexec: Probem in allocating resevr mem

Vishnu Yadav vishnuyadav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 08:06:07 EST 2010

Hi
I am  not able to reserve the memory in mips 64 plateform for "crash kernel"

in below function of arch/mips/kernel/setup.c file of kernel code
reserve_bootmem(start, size , flags)
if i put flags= BOOTMEM_DEFAULT then this function succeeds but doesnt
reserve  mem of crash kernel .. i verified it by seeing /proc/iomem

but if i put flags= BOOTMEM_EXCLUSIVE .. this function itself fails and
again no memry is reseved.

Pls suggest me how to resevre mem regio for "crash kernel" in mips 64. NOTE-
I have applied kernel as well as user spaces patches for running kexec on
mips64.

--
Best Regards,

Vishnu Yadav