makedumpfile failed for 2.6.36-rc2

Ken'ichi Ohmichi oomichi at mxs.nes.nec.co.jp
Tue Aug 31 03:28:50 EDT 2010

Hi Cai,

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 02:50:02 -0400 (EDT)
caiqian at redhat.com wrote:
> > Thank you for the report.
> >
> > I'd like to reproduce the same problem on my machine,
> > could you please send your kernel .config file ?
>
> Attached.

Thank you.
The linux-2.6.36-rc2 kernel is building now with your .config file.
After building, I will test makedumpfile on the kernel.

>> readmem: Can't seek the dump memory(/proc/vmcore). Invalid argument

lseek(2) failed with "Invalid argument", so the problem may be due to an
invalid offset. I'd like to know its value, so can you try the attached
patch in the condition makedumpfile fails ?
And can you send the output of `readelf -a /proc/vmcore` ?

Thanks
Ken'ichi Ohmichi