ARM: atags_offset at 0x100

Yegor Yefremov yegorslists at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 11 04:59:35 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm working with KS8695 SoC. Everything is functioning so far. The
only issue I have now is the atags_offset. In kexec-zImage-arm.c it is
defined as 0x1000 (4k), but many ARM based boards await ATAGs at 0x100
(see http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob_plain;f=arch/arm/mach-ks8695/board-dsm320.c;hb=HEAD).
If I change this settings in kernel, then I see the atags, but I can't
simply change the atags_offset in kexec-zImage-arm.c, because it is
not 4k aligned. I get the following error message:

Base address:  100 is not page aligned

Unfortunately I cannot change the kernel, cause backward compatibility
with older kernels must be guarantied. Is there any solution for this
problem how to bring kexec to put ATAGs at 0x100?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Yegor Yefremov