bug/patch for i386 EFI boot

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Wed Mar 5 22:24:34 EST 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 10:08:25AM -0500, Scott D. Davilla wrote:
> >this looks good to me, though there is no need
> >to comment out unneeded lines, just remove them.
> >
> >Also, if you could provide a sign-off line, as
> >per Section 5 of http://linux.yyz.us/patch-format.html
> >that would be great.
> >
> >Finally, your mail reader (or something else) seems
> >to have mangled the patch such that leading <space><tab>
> >deal as its is easy enough for me to un-mangle it by hand.
> >But just so you know.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >--
> >Horms
>
> Done and resubmitted with a proper subject line with commented out
> lines removed. VMware was mangling the leading tabs on the drag and
> drop from Linux to OS X ???

Thanks that looks great. I'll merge it.

Just for reference, the sign-off line should go at the bottom
of your description, not underneath the patch. But I'll fix that
up when I add my sign-off.

> And as follow up question. It there any access to
> screen_info.orig_video_isVGA besides linking to the kernel? If there
> is access to orig_video_isVGA then kexec can setup the screen boot
> params as the bootloader intended instead of assuming a default VGA
> config. The orig_video_isVGA is the only parameter missing to clone
> the initial screen_info information.

I'm sorry but I'm really not the person to ask about that.
But it does sound like a good idea if it were possible to
implement.

--
Horms