Memory needed for a kdump kernel has been bloated

Bernhard Walle bwalle at suse.de
Thu Aug 21 16:41:19 EDT 2008

* Jay Lan <jlan at sgi.com> [2008-08-21 13:35]:

> 2) the kdump kernel tried to add disk /dev/sdb when it is not even
>    in /etc/fstab. I think only the system disk and the disk where
>    we want to save the vmcore to should be needed.

But what has that to do with the kernel? What do you mean with "add
disk"? Mount? Load driver? That's up to initrd and/or system
configuration ...

Bernhard
--
Bernhard Walle, SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Architecture Development

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
        -- Albert Einstein