[patch 2/5] kexec improve build for ppc64

Simon Horman horms at verge.net.au
Tue May 8 02:07:19 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 05:02:52PM -0700, Geoff Levand wrote:
> Powerpc 64 bit platforms support both 64 bit and 32 bit runtimes.  Allow
> ARCH= to be specified on the command line to separate the processor arch
> from the compiler machine.  This also helps cross-builds with non-standard
> compiler names.

Hi Geoff,

This does fundamentally change the affect that ARCH has on the
build - that is, it now has an affect. And this worries me in
the context of cross-compiling. However, after reasonably extensive
testing of all the supported architectures, I have convinced myself
that it at least for cross-compiling its ok :-)

I have gone ahead and applied this change. But if people
could test building various architectures, I would appreciate it.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/