[RFC] makedumpfile: xen extraction

Ken'ichi Ohmichi oomichi at mxs.nes.nec.co.jp
Wed Jun 6 07:19:34 EDT 2007

Hi Oda-san,

2007/06/04 13:01:44 +0900, Itsuro ODA <oda at valinux.co.jp> wrote:
>> Thank you for the xen patch, I'm interested in your patch.
>> I'd like to separate the command of xen from the makedumpfile command,
>> because the commandline usage should be simple and the binary file should
>> be small in 2nd-kernel memory. Please let me know your opinion.
>
>I think separated command is possible option too.
>How about to be "ifdef"ed the part of structures I added and
>the main is sepatated ?
>
>BTW,
>All pages used by the dom-0 are saved now.
>Do you think it is better to be available to select pages like
>makedumpfile from the dom-0 ?

Yes, I do. It is a good idea.
I think that it is better that the command for xen isn't separated
from makedumpfile if unnecessary pages will be filtered out from dom-0,
because the command for xen will need almost the same code.

I'll start testing makedumpfile with your patch (2007/05/28) and inform
you of the result.

Thanks
Ken'ichi Ohmichi