kexec+kdump + vmcoreinfo patch

Randy Dunlap rdunlap at xenotime.net
Fri Aug 24 17:41:47 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use the recent vmcoreinfo patch...

a.  It appears that the latest kexec-tools-testing snapshot is from
20070330.  Do I need a more recent kexec-tools in order to use the
vmcoreinfo patch?

Is there still a kexec-tools & this kexec-tools-testing, or is
-testing the primary one now?

Could there be more frequent snapshots (tarballs), please?

b.  (using x86_64)

When I use "kexec -p /boot/bzImage", I get this output:

setup_linux_vesafb: 1024x768x16 @ b8000000 +300000

What does this mean?  Is it info only, or is it a warning or error?

c.  My 2.6.23-rc3 dump-capture kernel currently faults a few times,
then it panics.  I'll add a serial console and capture its output
to see what is going on.

Thanks.
---
~Randy