wpa_config_get_line can badly parse a password with # and "

Baptiste Clenet bapclenet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 07:18:36 PDT 2024

Hi,

Here is a password that wpa_config_get_line fails to parse
sae_password="0Y11D#E$4C"P/A;A4D#2x6D""

I made an example with several password on https://onlinegdb.com/9YFBl7Zba
By patch in this example I mentionned patch from xinpeng wang
(sha:aca4d4963a65e49614ed8cd52836a2619775c1f6)

I suggest to revert the patch and to not allow " in comment #
I didn't find any pattern that match my password and what xinpeng wang
wanted (a=b #"abc")

I attach a patch that revert xinpeng wang patch.

What do you think?
Feel free to include my patch, I'm not used to send patch as email

Thanks,
--
Baptiste