Ap_isolate behavior.

Mark K Vallevand mvallevand at q.com
Thu Sep 9 14:29:12 PDT 2021

I have two stations connected to an access point.
The stations can communicate with each other.  According to the docs, hostapd allows this low-level bridging by default.
If I set the ap_isolate=1, the bridging is disabled and the stations cannot communicate.
However, it appears the the frames are not forwarded upstream either.

Is there a way to disable the bridging done by hostapd and make it forward all frames from connected stations?

Will per_sta_vif=1 be of any use?

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand

Cats were once worshiped as gods. They have not forgotten this.
- Terry Pratchett