question about CONFIG_DPP2

Jim Crites jcrites at blackberry.com
Tue Jun 22 06:19:09 PDT 2021

From: Jim Crites
Sent: June 22, 2021 9:16 AM
To: 'hostap at lists.infradead.org' <hostap at lists.infradead.org>; hostap at lists.infradead.org
Cc: Hanqi Yang <hanyang at blackberry.com>
Subject: question about CONFIG_DPP2

All,

wpa-2.9: We use CONFIG_DPP=y for our build. In looking through the supplicant code I see lots of instances of “#ifdef CONFIG_DPP2”. I have not found where CONFIG_DPP2 is defined. It is not in the supplicant or hostapd defconfig files. In fact the only place that I can find it defined is in ../tests/hwsim/example-hostapd.config. The README.DPP file does not mention it either.
What is the purpose of CONFIG_DPP2 ?
Does it need to be defined along with CONFIG_DPP ?

Thanks,
Jim

​​​​​ Jim Crites
Senior Systems Software Developer