wpa-2.10 pair of files with same names in 2 different locations causing build problems

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Jul 16 07:55:23 PDT 2021

On Fri, 2021-07-16 at 14:50 +0000, Jim Crites wrote:
> Johannes,
>
> I am using a QNX build system. It currently, or at least how I have it
> setup, does not separate object files into separate folders.
> Everything goes into one folder. The only separate object folders are
> for chip architecture, armle-v7, aarch64, x86, and x86-64.
>
> I was thinking of renaming the config files in ../src/utils/ to
> something link util_config.c and util_config.h and the updating the
> files that include the original ./util/config.h to pickup the renamed
> one. There are very few files that use the ./src/util version.
>
> Duplicate file names in different locations are a problem for our builds.

Surely you should be able to modify the build system to cope with this?

I've done this upstream quite a while ago, mostly because I needed to be
able to build hostapd and wpa_supplicant without 'make clean' inbetween
and with proper dependencies figured out for each build, but I guess one
of the side effects of that was allowing duplicate filenames.

I don't think that upstream really needs to concern itself with your
out-of-tree build system...

johannes