wpa_supplicant with bridge and systemd...

Andrej Shadura andrew at shadura.me
Thu Apr 22 12:18:56 BST 2021

Hi,

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021, at 11:49, Henry Pootel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to make an wifi AP in bridge mode.
> I've made a config file, added wlan interface to my bridge and start
> wpa_supplicant manualy with '-b br0' option. All good.
>
> But the systemd has a config without '-b br0' option. I can edit the
> systemd config file, but I doubt the correctness of the decision.

Depending on the distribution, this indeed may be the correct decision, but you need to create an override file instead of editing the systemd unit in /usr/lib.

> Can I set bridge interface in the wpa_supplicant config file?
>
> What is a right way?

systemctl edit wpa_supplicant will create the override file in /etc/systemd for you with you having to only specify the options you’re overriding.

--
Cheers,
  Andrej