When was WPA3 support released?

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 00:17:00 BST 2021

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 12:12 AM Tom Isaacson <tom.isaacson at teknique.com> wrote:

> No idea?
>
> Tom Isaacson
>
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 12:30 PM Tom Isaacson <tom.isaacson at teknique.com> wrote:
> >
> > Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm wondering when WPA3
> > support was released. I found this
> > https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/hostap/2018-March/038334.html
> > which suggests it was added to master before March 2018 but it's not
> > mentioned in the changelogs:
> > * https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/plain/hostapd/ChangeLog
> > * https://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/plain/wpa_supplicant/ChangeLog
> >
> > I can't check if it's been asked before because there's no mailing
> > list history from June 2018 until May 2020:
> > https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/hostap/

There is no direct reference, but the features in WPA3 are mentioned circa 2018
like OWE, SAE (it was there before also), Suite B 192 (also before), etc.

See below snippet, there WFA indirectly refers to WPA3.

2018-12-02 - v2.7
* added support for OWE (Opportunistic Wireless Encryption, RFC 8110;
 and transition mode defined by WFA)