Require Authentication?

Duane Murphy duane.murphy at mainspringenergy.com
Tue Jun 23 20:35:57 EDT 2020

How do I configure hostapd to _require_ that wired interface access is authenticated?

I am using a wired interface configuration with the built-in hostapd authentication server.

I can authenticate with a properly configured Windows client.

If I set the client to not use authentication, I can still connect. There are no messages in the hostapd log that anything was even connected.

What configuration am I missing that will require connections to be authenticated otherwise they will not be allowed to connect?

Oddly, the client can ping and connect to server, but the server cannot ping the client.

* Ubuntu 18.04
* netplan; renderer: NetworkManager
* Static address configuration

The client is configured with a static address for the same network.

Thank you for your help!

 …Duane

Duane Murphy | Software Engineer | https://mainspringenergy.com/