implementing sched_scan & stop_sched_scan in our driver interface - trouble setting up wpa_supplicnt.conf

Jim Crites jcrites at blackberry.com
Wed Jul 1 09:23:25 EDT 2020

Greetings,

Using release version of wpa-2.9. Running on QNX-SDP7.0

We are adding sched_scan & sched_scan_stop in out driver interface for the supplicant.
Code is in place and functioning to a degree. I have hacked one of our drivers to say that it supports sched_scan and max 10 sched_scan ssids.
I would like to get everything working on the supplicant side before tackling the driver and firmware needs.
I’m having trouble finding any examples of setting up wpa_supplicant.conf to ask for sched_scan.

How to set sched_scan ssids ?
When adding sched_scan_plans which plan goes with which ssid ?  (assuming that multiple ssids are specified)
Is the number of sched_scan_plans determined by the number of ssids to scan for ?
Do frequency/channels to scan apply to sched scans as well ?

Any example(s) of setting this up would be most helpful. Cli works too.

Thanks,
Jim
​​​​​
Jim Crites