Radius server retry with different secret
kuon at goyman.com
Mon Aug 3 00:20:32 EDT 2020
(sorry for half message, I hit send by mistake)
I am trying to implement a radius client, but I have an issue with server failover.
I based my code on radius_example.c, and in this example, the auth message is build and sent only once.
Now, if all failover servers have the same shared_secret, the failover works, but if they don't, the auth message needs to be rebuilt.
In radius_client.c, there is a note about that:
/* Pending RADIUS packets used different shared secret, so
* they need to be modified. Update accounting message
* authenticators here. Authentication messages are removed
* since they would require more changes and the new RADIUS
* server may not be prepared to receive them anyway due to
* missing state information. Client will likely retry
* authentication, so this should not be an issue. */
Now my question is: how can I be notified in my code that this occurred and that I need to rebuild the message and recall radius_client_send ?
More information about the Hostap