Is PMF with development branch working?

Karthik Krishnamoorthy kkrishnamoorthy at quantenna.com
Thu May 3 01:37:08 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am working on the development branch for hostapd.

I started testing PMF mode , with ieee80211w=1.

>From testing what I see is the client fails to associate.

On sniffer analysis , I found that Message 3 from AP is not proper.

Especially the WPA key data length is 88 bytes.

Whereas when I compare this with hostapd 2.1 version , the WPA key data length is 96 bytes.

There is 8 byte mismatch in the M3 message from AP between hostapd version 2.1 and latest development branch version.

Clients associate with hostapd 2.1 version, so I believe that is a correct length.

Anyone seen this behaviour or is this fixed already? Do I need to sync to latest code?

Thanks and Regards,
Karthik.

This email, including its contents and any attachment(s), may contain confidential information of Quantenna Communications, Inc. and is solely for the intended recipient(s). If you may have received this in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete this email, its contents and any attachment(s).