Query on WMM AC parameters configuration using netlink

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Mar 11 04:00:49 PDT 2018

On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 07:06:11PM -0600, Phani Siriki wrote:
> Now, I want to change the wmm_ac parameters as well, but couldn't get
> the exact netlink parameter to set.
>
> Could someone point me the nl80211 parameter used to set these
> parameters in AP, so that AP can advertise these values to stations in
> their IE?

There is no nl80211 parameter for this. The WMM element that advertises
values for station is part of the Beacon/Probe Response frame template
that gets set when starting or updating the AP/BSS information. This may
depend on the Wi-Fi driver that is used, but for example with
mac80211_hwsim, you cannot change this independently without updating
the full Beacon template (i.e., you have to update this through hostapd
to avoid conflicts with other Beacon frame information changes).