[RFC] drivers: add separate driver flags for 802.1X and WPA/WPA2-Personal
johannes at sipsolutions.net
Mon Feb 19 05:23:22 PST 2018
On Sat, 2018-02-17 at 21:23 +0200, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> > Anyway, hope this will help decide which way to go with this.
> Is this still applicable for consideration? I pushed in the updated
> patches for 4-way handshake offload and that is still with a single
> capability flag. If there is desire to get this split support
> separately, a rebased patch would be appreciated.
I think it's probably still valid, we did split the features in the
* @NL80211_EXT_FEATURE_4WAY_HANDSHAKE_STA_PSK: Device wants to do 4-way
* handshake with PSK in station mode (PSK is passed as part of the connect
* and associate commands), doing it in the host might not be supported.
* @NL80211_EXT_FEATURE_4WAY_HANDSHAKE_STA_1X: Device wants to do doing 4-way
* handshake with 802.1X in station mode (will pass EAP frames to the host
* and accept the set_pmk/del_pmk commands), doing it in the host might not
* be supported.
More information about the Hostap