[RFC] drivers: add separate driver flags for 802.1X and WPA/WPA2-Personal

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Mon Feb 19 05:23:22 PST 2018

On Sat, 2018-02-17 at 21:23 +0200, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> > Anyway, hope this will help decide which way to go with this.
>
> Is this still applicable for consideration? I pushed in the updated
> patches for 4-way handshake offload and that is still with a single
> capability flag. If there is desire to get this split support
> separately, a rebased patch would be appreciated.

I think it's probably still valid, we did split the features in the
kernel:

 * @NL80211_EXT_FEATURE_4WAY_HANDSHAKE_STA_PSK: Device wants to do 4-way
 *      handshake with PSK in station mode (PSK is passed as part of the connect
 *      and associate commands), doing it in the host might not be supported.
 * @NL80211_EXT_FEATURE_4WAY_HANDSHAKE_STA_1X: Device wants to do doing 4-way
 *      handshake with 802.1X in station mode (will pass EAP frames to the host
 *      and accept the set_pmk/del_pmk commands), doing it in the host might not
 *      be supported.

johannes