hostapd does not issue EAP Identify challenge

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Feb 1 18:19:50 PST 2018

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018, Michael Baird wrote:

> Hi Bob.
>
> AFAIK (could be wrong) hostapd will only initiate when it receives an DHCP
> packet from the client or the re-authentication period is up.

I must admit that I did not wait 3600 seconds for a packet.

I will investigate the DHCP reception and make sure that DHCP packets
are making it through.

With a Linux client configured for 802.1x I am not sure if it bothers
with DHCP or if it waits for 802.1x to succeed before sending a
DHCP packet.

Most of the world is using Microsoft Windows clients.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn