Issue release, please

Andrey Utkin andrey_utkin at gentoo.org
Fri Apr 20 17:31:14 PDT 2018

As a person in charge of hostapd packaging in Gentoo Linux, I want to
humbly ask the upstream maintainers to consider issuing an official
release anytime soon, and also to consider issuing them in future on a
regular basis.

It's 1.5 year since hostapd and wpa_supplicant releases v2.6 were
issued. There is a half a dozen patches offered in one security advisory
since then.

The codebase in git has been actively developed all this time,
accumulating all sorts of improvements. I even guess there might be more
security-related commits in git.

Thanks in advance.
Also thanks for your work on this great software!