WiFi drop problem with mwl8k driver

Menion menion at gmail.com
Sat May 13 10:59:39 PDT 2017

Hi all
There is a long standing issue in conjunction with mwl8k driver
There is a thread on Linux WiFi mailing list about this topic:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg151171.html

which come from an openwrt ticket:

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/21284

The issue affect not only iOS device but also android device. However
according to my investigation, I think it is not purely client
releated, rather than bandwidth releated.
It gets worse at higher bandwidth. And since everybody probably use
more the  smartphones for wifi video watch and such, that is why
originally it has been reported as a client specific issue.
Now
The problem got worse in LEDE around the new year eve, when the
transition between snaphots and official release bump the hostapd to
2.7 devel on a git pull around december.
The problem now is so worse that it is almost impossible to use AP
based on mwl8k for watching video.
So, I compiled a git, clean (no LEDE patch) hostapd from the commit of
10 May 2017 and give a try with (and without) -dd. The results are the
logs attached. The logs reports what happen ad hostapd level (the
monitored -dd instance is on phy1 running on 5Ghz radio of marvell
88W8366). There are also the dmesg logs, where you can observe the
classic logs when the throughput on wireless interface gets going
up/down erratically. Unofortunately I am no pro in 802.11 so can
someone give a look at the logs to check if there are any usefull
information?
The problem is there also without encryption and with WPA-EAP

syslog1: https://pastebin.com/skbvaGRe
syslog2: https://pastebin.com/UHVciK0e
suslog3: https://pastebin.com/W6uFCdxQ
dmesg: https://pastebin.com/sH6Q2NUg