[wpa_supplicant] Is there a way to limit peers (to about 12) for IBSS/adhoc?

Xuebing Wang xbing6 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 23:30:27 PDT 2017

Hi Adrian,

=> Is it a gradual thing?  Ie, do you know when it starts to hang? Does
it hang at 40? or gradually as you approach 40?

We do not know. What we do know is, 20 peers / neighbors work well.

Jason Toschlog in CC said that he observed similar issues with brcmfmac
when peers reach 32 (16 peers work for him).

I guess I will setup 32 or 40 nodes here and try limit the max number of
peers (at wpa_supplicant) for IBSS/adhoc.

Thanks again.

Xuebing Wang