Hostap-Patch causes strange behavior in scan results

Vincent vincent at systemli.org
Wed Jul 26 02:23:44 PDT 2017

On 25.07.2017 22:17, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-07-25 at 21:32 +0200, Vincent wrote:
>> I tried and what I actually want isn't working.
>> So when a 802.11ac devices sends an probe request to 802.11n AP the
>> vht
>> capabilities are null... :/
>
> That makes sense because the 802.11n AP doesn't know anything about
> VHT, because VHT is part of the ac standard.  The client doesn't send
> something it knows the AP doesn't understand.

I thought in a Probe Request Broadcast this information will be sent? :/
Too bad. ^^ So there is no way to find out if a client supports vht when
the station don't?

I will contact the hostapd ubus patch developer and give him my
changes... Nevertheless I think it's a good idea to give the 80211_elems
to the ubus function...

Thanks! :D