Hostapd: Wi-Fi Channels

Matthew Phillips matthew1phillips at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 08:06:16 PDT 2017

Hi!

I am running hostapd on linux in the 5GHz spectrum. I have a program
that modifies the config file and then starts up hostapd using the
selected channel. However when I restart hostapd, I have found that it
will sometimes begin scanning channels instead of setting up
correctly. However this doesn't happen with the lower channels (36,
40, 44, and 48, again 5GHz). Does anyone know why this might happen
for higher channels (157-165)? Is this expected behavior, and is there
a way to disable it?

Thanks all!
Matt