Error while enabling AP using wpa_supplicant

Lansky, Dedy dlansky at qti.qualcomm.com
Mon Jan 30 07:07:25 PST 2017

Hi Jose,

Sorry for the late reply. I was on vacation.

It seems in your case, device_ap_sme is enabled.
With that, nl80211_mgmt_subscribe_ap_dev_sme() is called and with previous code there is no beacon registration.
After the patch, beacon registration is called unconditionally.

I think we need to restrict the call to nl80211_get_wiphy_data_ap() by changing this line:

	if (nl80211_get_wiphy_data_ap(bss) == NULL)
into:
	if (!drv->device_ap_sme && !drv->use_monitor && nl80211_get_wiphy_data_ap(bss) == NULL)

Would appreciate if you can test this on your setup.

Thanks,
 Dedy.