Possible bug in throughput based roaming

Andreas Pasternak MT-Robot AG a.pasternak at mt-robot.com
Mon Jan 16 11:30:14 PST 2017

Dear all,

In http://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/tree/wpa_supplicant/events.c

Line: 1564

if (current_bss->level < 0 &&
     current_bss->level > selected->level + to_5ghz * 2) {
wpa_dbg(wpa_s, MSG_DEBUG, "Skip roam - Current BSS has better "
"signal level");
return 0;
}

if (current_bss->est_throughput > selected->est_throughput + 5000) {
wpa_dbg(wpa_s, MSG_DEBUG,
"Skip roam - Current BSS has better estimated throughput");

// !!!!
return 1;  // !!! Should this not be return 0; !!! ???
// !!!!
}

As far as I understood this function returns 1 if roaming should occur
and 0 if not.

I just looked in the source code the first time to investigate roaming
problems with our AGVs, so sorry if I am wrong.

Best regards,

Andreas