supplicant: Turn ignore_auth_resp into u16 and treat as percentage?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sun Feb 5 11:57:57 PST 2017

On 02/05/2017 11:41 AM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:20:25AM -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
>> I notice the ignore_auth_resp is a boolean that can be used to make supplicant
>> ignore EAPOL pkts it receives.  Any opinions on turning this into a 16-bit variable
>> and using it to represent a percentage (0 == never, 0xFFFF == always) to allow
>> supplicant to drop just some of the EAPOL pkts received?
>
> I'm not sure this is really the best approach. I'd rather remove
> ignore_auth_resp completely and focus on ext_mgmt_frame_handling and
> ext_eapol_frame_io to enable more complex test cases where various
> frames are to be lost, modified, or delayed.

The external plugin scripts are more powerful, but I'd think more
difficult to use, especially if you are trying to easily
automate hundreds of virtual stations or if you have only
basic understanding of how wifi management logic works.

I think for my users, being able to do these delays, drops, and
corruptions will be sufficient.

The majority of the code is #ifdef'd out unless you specifically
enable testing code, so I think it is not too intrusive.  But
either way, thanks for taking time to comment on them.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>