wpa_supplicant: Enable HT40 and VHT automatically when setting up AP mode operation

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Sep 24 01:15:36 PDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 03:30:37PM +0200, Jose Blanquicet wrote:
> According to previous discussion, the idea is to automatically enable VHT
> based on driver capabilities when setting up an AP mode operation. It
> can be prevente by means of disable_vht parameter. Currently, it is not
> even possible to enable VHT in AP mode.
>
> In addition, TODO task to enable automatically HT40 was implemented
> for AP mode. It can be prevented using disable_ht40.
>
> Remaining TODO tasks:
> 	- Use HT40+ or HT40- based on Beacons detection.
> 	- Support 160MHz and 80+80MHz channel width
>
> What do you think?

I guess this is a reasonable initial approach, but there should not
really be much of a difference between P2P GO and AP roles as far as
figuring out driver capabilities and channel parameters, so it would be
better to get towards a single shared implementation instead of
duplicating everything.

> Jose Blanquicet (2):
>   wpa_supplicant: Enable HT40 automatically when setting up AP mode
>     operation
>   wpa_supplicant: Enable VHT automatically based on driver capabilities
>     in AP mode

Neither of these included the Signed-off-by: line in the commit message.
I cannot apply changes without that. Please see the top level
CONTRIBUTIONS file for more details.