Linux network stack support for 802.11 k, r, & v

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Tue Sep 20 13:33:00 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 06:47:55PM +0000, Kevin Mahoney wrote:
> I've been researching this topic for a project and haven't found much information. I noticed hostap implements 11r but only has limited support for k and nothing for v? iOS has supported it since iOS 6/7 so I would think there would be more motivation for supporting it in Android. Any information on this subject, past, present, and future is greatly appreciated.

You need to be more specific on what functionality you are looking for..
802.11k, .11r, and .11v amendments were merged into IEEE Std 802.11-2012
and especially .11k and .11v added large set of independent features;
many of which are not really implemented our deployed by anyone. I'd
assume this is asking for some specific subset of that functionality
rather than everything. There is quite a bit of support for things that
were added to the standard as part of 802.11v.