failure using wpa_supplicant from command line

Gucea Doru gucea.doru at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 04:52:00 PDT 2016

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my previous double posting of the same
message. There was something wrong with my email client.

I further investigated the problem and discovered that the scanning
process is not started because wpa_supplicant times-out on a netlink
socket.
Strace shows me that there is a timeout on a pselect call with EAGAIN
(http://pastebin.com/8WmjMWip). For reference I also attach lsof
output (http://pastebin.com/y5497b96).

Could someone help me to identify what is the expected input for this
socket and why the socket times out?

What is really interesting is that a kill -1 on the wpa_supplicant
process determines a reconfiguration and the and the scanning process
is started (http://pastebin.com/QmmHTsmV).

Thanks,
Doru