nl80211: use_monitor and non-mac80211 drivers

Joel Cunningham joel.cunningham at me.com
Mon Oct 31 12:44:49 PDT 2016

Actually, studying further, it looks like when drv->device_ap_sme is set to 1 (which is the case with my full MAC driver) the monitor interface is explicitly disabled and we don’t call nl80211_mgmt_subscibe_ap().  So it appears that cfg80211 APIs are always used for receiving management frames and poll command/TX status support doesn’t matter.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

Joel