eduroam disconnects with reason=3 (WPA-EAP, PEAP, MSCHAPv2)

Sergei Sinyak serega.belarus at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:36:51 PDT 2016

Hello, developers.

I confirm that this options solve issue in general. Connection establishes
via wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd retrieves ip configuration.

here is config:

% cat eduroam.conf
ctrl_interface=/run/wpa_supplicant
network={
  ssid="eduroam"
  key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
  eap=PEAP
  identity="fpm.SinyakSA"
  password="USER_PASSWORD_OMITTED"
  phase1="tls_disable_tlsv1_1=1 tls_disable_tlsv1_2=1"
  phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
}
% wpa_supplicant -i wlp1s0b1 -c eduroam.conf
% dhcpcd wlp1s0b1

It works well! Thanks for your time.

best regards,
Sergei Sinyak

P.S.
It works for a few laptops of my friends.
But on my machine it results in a error on a further stage.
Particularly, here it is:
nl80211: set_key failed; err=-22 Invalid argument)

More info can be found on archforum thread