hostapd error

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Mar 27 10:35:01 PDT 2016

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 08:51:30AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> That would not fix the case where you want to:
>
> create 80Mhz AP on CH 36  #  Might want to change primary channel
> create 20Mhz AP on CH 36  #  Cannot change primary channel.
>
> When 80Mhz AP is created, no other vif exists, so it has no way to know
> it cannot change primary channel.

If you know that you want both of those BSSes, you'd simply start the
second one first. If you do not know about the second one in the
beginning and start the first one first, you'll need to meet the
constraints on the primary/secondary channel.

I don't see how this would be of any justification against automatically
detecting local constraints when starting new BSSes while I see not much
chances of getting the configuration parameter accepted.